Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Where in The World is Bill Bowen?






Several of you keep asking me about Bill and where has he been hiding since his near victory in the first "King & Queen" of the spring season. I finally did get to speak to him. Loaded up on codeine, darvacets and some sort of fish paralyzer, he relayed to me this terrifying ordeal that hopefully no one else will ever have to experience:

"I came out to Tahoe this week to get married and ski, and well, to make a long story short, on the second day of the honeymoon, I was cornered by a tandem of ferocious bear cubs while skiing off trail. The only escape route I had was to try to clear a 20 foot wide ridge, and needless to say, I didn't make it!

I fought off the bear cubs with my ski poles and knocked one unconscious with my right boot before the other scurried away, but not before I cracked one rib on the fall down the chasm, and another rib on a head butt by the smaller bear.

The bad news/good news overivew is this... I will be out of commission for about six weeks. The good is that I was still able to consummate the marriage!"

No comments: