Thursday, April 19, 2007

Saturday 4/21 Long Beach Invite


For those that have never seen it, this a glimpse of the coveted trophy displayed by world renown hand model, Patrick Deitz. (Since no headshot was provided in this photo, SAG fees were waived, and the “King & Queen” staff had to only pay hand talent fees. This cost will not be absorbed by the “King & Queen” players/members.)


Here are some interesting stats:

There have been 16 out of 18 days thus far in April where the temperature on average has been almost eight degrees below seasonal norm. Rainfall this month in most areas has exceeded eleven inches. Not much opportunity to play ball in that kind of weather.

With that in mind, what does one do to help alleviate this situation… we call in those wondrous weather wranglers of the old days… Phil Horigan and his band of mystical merry men! Yes, some of you may be too young to remember these guys, but back in the old “King & Queen” days, we called on Phil and his merry team to perform their orgiastic ritual weather magic on a weekly basis (every Thursday night at midnight). Some of you may recall the spring of 98 and 99… absolutely no rain on any of those weekends! I think we held ten tournaments in both of those seasons. So with desperate times come desperate measures… forcing us (Graham, Zak, and me) to enlist the help of Phil once again. Instead of the usual Thursday night performance, we begged them to begin on Wednesday night just in case an additional night was needed due to all of the inclement weather we have had as of late. So last night Phil and his mystical merry men underwent their ritual. This one was especially sultry… an orgiastic ritual above all others… with a slight drizzle in the evening, slippery smooth skin emitted a vaporous steam from the delightfully heated bodily friction that could be seen in the dull yellow door light of the rooftop doorway. I must take a moment to recover since my pulse is now racing…………… now… where was I?

Yes!!! The ritual on the first evening has paid off in a huge way!! Suddenly the skies are going to be blue once again this Saturday with an amazing turn of events! Cast away are they gray and bleak skies of yesterday… and the day before that… and before that… As a matter of fact, the sky will be se clear on this perfect spring day that one will almost be able to see the PLANET of Pluto if one actually has a portable Hubble telescope with that cool new color immersed dark energy imaging feature!

With that mentioned, we would like to invite everyone to the Long Beach “King & Queen” Invitational! Saturday’s temperature is going to be a stunning 66 degrees with a mild seven MPH wind. And bring plenty of suntan lotion, as the UV rating will reach an astonishing level of seven!

All “King & Queen” rules still apply.
$5 for all entrants unless you are bringing a net.
No handsets over the net. A handset must be touched by your partner.

We play just west of National Blvd and the lifeguard station. Can’t miss it… it’s that large building in the middle of the beach with the large sign that reads, “Lifeguard Station.”

Start time is 9am. Last person there owes $10… anyone showing up after 9pm will be required to consume pre-tourney penalty shots of tequila.

For those taking the train out of Penn Station… the last train you can catch, and still be on-time, is the 7:48 to Long Beach.

Okay… who is in? Who can bring a net?

17 comments:

Mike Sheehan said...

Would love to play, but have to work, and then even if I get out of having to work I have to go to a baby shower. Thank god for work.

- sheehan

Anonymous said...

that hand is beyond exquisite & yet it puts me in the mind of another hand model of almost equal beauty- his hands brought him everything he could ask for fame, fortune, anything he desired was his for the asking & yet he himself could not resist the beauty of his own hand- he was not the master of his own domain & eventually the overuse of the equisite appendage destroyed everything until he was left with nothing but a twisted claw.

Matt said...

Wow. It must have been early in the season, because Patrick was looking way pale in that photo. I'm in.

Unknown said...

Todd:

I will be there with a net! Big 40 this weekend! The excuses will be flying!

Todd Serad said...

Tammy, Big "4-0!" Happy Birthday!!! We'll have to do some birthday shots during the day!

chrisbPT said...

yee ha!
I'm in.
chris b (girl)
i vote for a later start time, i need my beauty rest.

Unknown said...

Carla from miami is in. how do i get to long beach?

Laurence said...

would love to play but I'll try the beaches in Miami this week-end... Next time.

Todd Serad said...

Amigo! You're one week too early. We're moving the tournament to Miami for next weekend!

Rick said...

Shit, I thought it was in Ft Meyers this weekend, so I'm already here. Trying to change flights to get back in time, but it's 3 Benjamins ...and that's a lot of shots...so it's likely I'll be holding a solo shot tourney here!

Unknown said...

Rick:
Sell you Infinity, you Pussy! Ha Ha

Unknown said...

Opps "your" Infinity. 3 Bengi's one night out a Sen Nin. Ha Ha. And and who cares about that 60 K deal?
What is wrong with you?

PDITTY said...

I will be there if the sand is wrm enough. I fear my tender feet have become more tender...

Heather Kibbe said...

Wrong beach for me. I will be on the beach in St Thomas. I'll make the next one.

Heather Kibbe said...

Wrong beach for me. I will be on the beach in St Thomas. I'll make the next one.

Todd Serad said...

Patrick... won't you have to be there anyway to "test" the warmth of the sand?

PDITTY said...

I feel it only appropriate that I say the claims of that being my hand are false.
Yes I have gone through the Michael Jackson skin treatment but I have yet to see any real results. I sense there to be an imposter amongst us. Plus those hairs are just too straight to be mine. I have gone through some bleaching treatments but enough to make my arm hairs that blonde or strainght.

Thnak you
The Ditty