Thursday, April 26, 2007

Invite for the 4/28 Long Beach Tournament #2

The recap for last weekend (4/21) is on its way. Just waiting for the gory details of an off-site interview from Monday... plus I have forgotten who won it. I know it wasn't me... which certainly does narrow it down to about twenty-three... er... twenty-four others.

I consulted Phil Horigan (of the Mystical Merry Men), and he has guaranteed beautiful weather for Saturday. He claimed that it would be in the low 70's! So I say this... Who is in, and who can bring a net? Feel free to reply by post.

May the trash talking begin!

Long Beach... all details are in last Thursday and Friday's post.
9am start time!

13 comments:

Matt said...

I'm in. I might be able to finagle a net, but for now, don't count on it.

Sung Chung said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sung Chung said...

I'm in. Instead of trash talking, I will begin with the preemptive excuses. My knee has been hurting me since the 1st K&Q grass tourney this season, shoulders a wee bit wobbly as usual, and not sure my back can continue to support my ever increasing girth... there is a possibility my eyesight may be failing, especially in low light situations e.g. dusk... and I don't know if this may influence my performance, but my tolerance of spicy foods has been diminishing... and I'll be hungover...

Unknown said...

Carla from Miami is in! Check out our miami site with photos from our own king and queen. www.southbeachvolley.com I had a blast last weekend, thanks for including me.

Carla

Matt said...

www.southbeachvolley.com, home of the official AVPNext Ass Cam.

Matt said...

not that I'm complaining.

Rick said...

Are you kidding me? Todd, you said we'd be in Miami this weekend...you mean I need to change flights AGAIN? I wonder how much I can get for a Dodge Dart. Afraid I likely won't be able to afford any Patron this time, but I'm in (with a net).

Laurence said...

I'm in for tomorrow and I bring a guest, Jorge (he's a guy) :o)

Todd Serad said...

Amigo, serious... you're playing?

Matt said...

I think we've got too many Larry's. I suggest that Laurence just go by 'Big Lar'.

Todd Serad said...

OOOOHHH... Big Lar!!

Cool!!

Laurence said...

"Big" Lar... Thank you guys! :o))

Matt said...

You can thank the canonical First Law of Nicknaming: Inverse Logic.