Monday, April 30, 2007

The Sandbox

It is Saturday morning... 7am. Patrick, barefooted, pads out to the side of his yard. He is wearing a white terry cloth robe... his eyes are drowsy. He has built a small sandbox, he claims it is for his nephew when he comes to visit, but this sandbox has another purpose. To Patrick, this sandbox is his new official test of sand warmth. He gingerly steps onto the sand expecting the worst... as one would when sticking their big toe into the ocean water in March. With both feet now firmly planted in the box, he begins to wiggle his toes. While in deep evaluating thought, he furls one eyebrow while scrunching the corner of his lip and left cheek. Within a few seconds of this analysis, Patrick drops his shoulders and declares, "no... just not feeling it today... the rooster trophy will have to wait for another day." He slowly pads back to his house to get more sleep.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Todd, I am in..can bring a net, but I lost my lines in Clearwater. (Don't ask...I lose a lot of things there.) Does Graham have an extra set.? I do not think I can order them in time...other wise, just tell me not to bring it. THX

Todd Serad said...

Hey Tammy,

Sounds like another wild weekend in Clearwater!! I'll check with Graham on the lines!

Anonymous said...

For those of you who want to follow Patrick's sandbox "warmth" testing example, you can build your own sandbox with the help of this site:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=howTo&p=Build/BuildSandbox.html

Todd Serad said...

Well... there you have it folks... sandbox 101.