Thursday, September 20, 2007

Tournament Invite for 9/22/07

Graham and I would love nothing more than to kick-off the fall "King & Queen" volleyball tournaments this Saturday!

Place: Innwood Park (western most point of Dykeman Street)
Time: 8:30 arrival... 9am first spike
Price: $5

Commitment: Pool play will general last until around 2:30-3pm.

With this competition, you will be paired off with a new partner against two new opponents for each round. In most cases each player can expect to play anywhere from eight to ten games throughout the day.

We do rally scoring to 21.

Due to the various levels of play, we don't allow handsetting over the net.

Other than that... all other rules apply.

If interested, please respond in the comments section just below.

Also, a final recap (a shortened version) of the climatic spring showdown will be arriving later today!

So... who is in for Saturday? And can you bring a net?

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crap! I can't play in my hood this weekend. DIT

Sung Chung said...

Despite the pull of Long Beach, I'm in.

Unknown said...

Darn!!! I had minor surgery this week. Too many stitches. Out until October! Have fun!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Despite Sung playing, I'm in.

Matt said...

I'm doing my last couple of days on the beach this weekend, so no go. I'll see you next time.

Unknown said...

tourney at LB this w/e. can't make it.

Andi said...

I need to take the old lady to Dr. Hotty, then be Jewish and eat bagels and lox with the family... (in case there are any single women/gay men compelled to take my mom to the dr.. he's worth the trip!)

Anonymous said...

How about doing it in LB? It's gonna be 80 degrees and ya meet even convince Bob to play then? If you change to the beach, I'm in! BTW...It's my bday, so if ya do it at the beach we can do a post-tourney bday toast!

Unknown said...

It's been a long time, but count me in! Hope some of you actually remember me...

Unknown said...

Darn, I am missing Jeremy!

Anonymous said...

Damn! I'm missing Tammy!

Anonymous said...

I just made plans to play in Manhattan Beach... Darn it all...

chrisbPT said...

i second the motion of changing the venue to the beach. I would love to play a k and q this weekend, but i want to be at the beach. No beach fees now, sun, ocean....

Unknown said...

I would be up for the beach. I could be there by 9:30.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite. Haven't played volleyball since high school but sounds like fun and heard there are nice people there. May have to bring the defibrillator out for me... or at least maybe a nice looking boy to give me CPR - ha :) Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow. Kisses!! XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Sorry dude- committed to playing tourney in Long Beach. Can't believe you're not taking advantage of the weather and doing the tourney beachside. We could probably get Sung to offer the Pit for a Stink and Drink location...think about it.

Eric said...

Hey i was goin to Long Beach this weekend. Let me know if the venue changes to there. Later on this month I will be down for some inwood.

Mike Sheehan said...

Beach! Beach! Beach! Beach!

I don't know if my knees are up for grass, and I'll be in Long Beach.

Sung Chung said...

I would also advocate playing at Long Beach, if we could, and would be glad to host at the Pit.

Unknown said...

Mike- The eye is a very nice touch.

Thank you random. Always nice to know I am missed, BOB.

Anonymous said...

If you guys are playing at the long beach I'll go, just tell me where it is. I bought a new bikini I want to show off anyhow. Hope someone brings tequila! Kisses XOXOX